Making Mother’s Day Special
Posted on March 12, 2012 by spitspot in Food, Messy, Thinky.
Kids have lots of opportunities to make cards for Mother’s Day – at nursery or school, at Brownies or Cubs. So how could your little ones make the day special?
We all know that the best gifts are home-made – especially when they’re by your kids – and so here’s a few quick ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
And of course it doesn’t just have to be for Mums! Grannies, aunties, teachers (and yes – even Dads) would love these too!
- Give your mum a promise – something you’ll do to make her day
- Make a ‘wheel of affection’ with Family Fun
- Decorate biscuits
- Make her something with a craft kit you’ve already got
- Make finger print flowers with Kaboose
- Draw her a new picture for the fridge
- Make a photo frame from an old CD box with Activity Village and put your picture in it
- Give the kids a small amount of money and help them choose a gift they think she’d like from a charity shop
- Make her a necklace from Red Ted’s magazine beads
- Make her a ‘Number 1 Mum’ badge
- Simply spend time together